Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 3 - Reading diary: Aesop (Winter)


Aesop"s Fables (Winter) Here are a few of my favorites from today's readings.

The Tortoise and the Ducks – I really enjoyed this fable. The tortoise was warned not to open his mouth, but his pride overtook reason and he met his end. “Foolish curiosity and vanity often lead to misfortune” is the lesson stated, but I think that it should be more something along the line of following orders of those trying to help you.

The Plane Tree – I really liked this story. It is tagged with the lesson “Our best blessings are often the least appreciated”. This is so true. It reminds me of when I was a stay at home mom for many years and I often felt like that tree.

The Farmer and the Stork – This story relays a lesson my husband and I try to install in our children. If you run around with others that are doing things that are wrong, you will get in trouble just like they do. It doesn’t matter if you did nothing wrong, you are judged by the company you keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment