Thursday, January 14, 2016

Overview of the Untextbook

For week 2 I am interested in Ovid's Metamorphoses. This interests me mainly because I know little about the characters and would like to know more about them. I also like Cupid and Psyche for the same reason. I like both Greek and Roman Mythology, there is so much going on and I don't know very many stories. I would love to learn more.

Browsing the reading units, I found several that caught my attention. First is the Egyptian Myth. This caught my attention mainly because one of my granddaughters is names after the Egyptian goddess Isis. I noticed that one of the stories was about her. Two of the Grimm units also caught my attention. Grimm (Hunt) includes a story about Hansel and Grethel, which is one of my favorite tales. Grimm (Ashliman) includes a story about Rumpelstiltskin. I like to watch Once Upon A Time and Rumpelstiltskin is one of my favorite characters on the show. The last one that caught my attention is British North America. Most of the stories have animals in them and one story Origin of the Chinook Wind I thought was interesting since I am a meteorology major.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds great, Andrea! There is so much wonderful Greek and Roman mythology, so you can explore that in Weeks 2 and 3, and you might even decide you want to do a Storybook on ancient Greece (Zeus was one of the great thunder gods of all time... and his named meant "weather" in Latin - when you say "we are having a nice Jupiter today" it meant that the weather was nice!). And the stories of the winds are also great; you can find that the winds have names in many different cultures! Here are the names of the winds in ancient Greece: Boreas and the other Greek wind names, and just recently I found this cool webpage about wind names: Names of Winds

    ReplyDelete