Saturday, January 9, 2016

My Favorite Place...Garden of the Gods, Colorado

Garden of the Gods



Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado (source Wikipedia)
  
I vacationed in Colorado as a kid with my aunt, uncle, and my cousins. We visited several attractions while there, including breathtaking locations like Pikes Peak and The Royal Gorge Bridge. However, the one place that stands out most in my mind is The Garden of the Gods. I remember how amazed I was at the natural rock sculptures. It was beautiful, wondrous, and peaceful. For years I have wanted to go back and visit. I hope to be able to visit there again some day soon with my children.


Garden of the Gods (source pixabay)

2 comments:

  1. WOW, what a perfect place to being a semester's adventure in myths and legends, Andrea... and the pictures are fabulous! Now I am wanting to go to this place. My cousin lives in Boulder... THANK YOU! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Colorado Springs twice now, and both times we have gone we have visited Pikes Peak and the Garden of The Gods. I agree that it is one of the most beautiful places to visit, the natural rock sculptures are almost unbelievable. Thanks for sharing this childhood memory of yours and I hope you get to take your kiddos there soon!

    ReplyDelete