Sunday, April 24, 2016

Week 14, Reading Diary: Brother's Grimm (Librivox)

Story source: Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm

Rapunzel - Being as how Tangled is one of my favorite Disney movies, it is no surprise that this story is one of my favorites this week. I do think it was weird that the wife just wanted to eat some of the enchantress' rampion so bad that she thought she would die. I thought that part was a bit strange. 

The Traveling Musicians - 


This was an interesting story. Each of the animals in the story were getting too old to be useful to their owners and ran away before they could be killed. I liked how they together scared off the robbers in the cabin and took over. And when one of the robbers returned, they got frightened and scared the robber into thinking that an old witch and a demon took over the cabin.

Briar Rose - I was really surprised at how much this story is like Disney's version. Disney didn't change near as much about this story as they did with some of the other stories that have been adapted.

No comments:

Post a Comment