Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Week 13, Reading Diary: Brothers Grimm (Hunt) cont.

Story source: Household Tales by Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm,

Bearskin - this was an interesting story. I liked how the man made a deal with the devil in order to have money. He thought he had outsmarted the devil after he survived the seven years as bearskin. But in the end the devil got two souls of the sisters of his betrothed that killed themselves once they found out who he was.

Hans the Hedgehog - this was a strange story. I like that Hans the Hedgehog got his revenge on the first king and his daughter that had deceived him. I am happy to see that the second king and his daughter welcomed him, despite his strange appearance, and made good on their promise. I was surprised that he was able to shed his hedgehog coat to look human.

Snow-White and Rose-Red - I really enjoyed this story. That dwarf was an evil little thing. I loved how the mother and the girls trusted the bear and became friends. Their kindness towards the bear paid off in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment