Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 4: Reading Diary - Ancient Egyptian Myths continued


Ancient Egyptian Myths and Stories - Egyptian Myth and Legend by Donald Mackenzie (1907).

I didn't like this part of the reading as much as the first part.

The Two Brothers - This story was kind of hard to follow. I felt like it was multiple stories forced together. Although the entire thing was about these two brothers, It was very choppy and I feel like each part never really had an end, nor did it flow well into the next part.

The Book of Thoth - This story was better, but I really didn't care for it too much. I don't even know why. I guess I don't understand why he had to go after the book. Because he liked to read, doesn't really make since to me.

The Tale of King Rhampsinitus - Ha, his name sounds like a disease. This story was the best of the reading. Although the beginning about the statues he had erected, had no influence to the rest of the story. Why point that out? I did like the ending where the king liked how cunning and daring the boy was and ended up offering him his daughter in marrage. I didn't expect that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment